Building a Firmware Application for a Z-Stack Developed by Texas Instruments (TI)
The client is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices.
The client asked Everest Consultants to design and develop an application for a TI-developed Z-Stack that runs on an 802.15.4-based CC2531 Zigbee wireless controller. Project tasks included:
- Creating a Z-Stack-based firmware application that runs on CC2531 controller
- Developing a serial-port communication module
- Testing the application on Ubuntu-based Linux machines
Technology and Tools
- IAR Embedded Workbench for 8051
- Texas Instruments-developed Z-Stack
- Microsoft Visual Source Safe
- Microsoft Visio
- Everest Consultants used a well-defined and iterative software development life cycle (SDLC) model to deliver a Z-Stack firmware application to run on the CC2531 controller. We scheduled each build/milestone to carry out incremental iterations of project planning, testing, quality assurance, bug-fixing and documentation.
- The application exposes the Z-Stack API in the form of AT commands to the USB serial port, receives custom-developed AT commands from the CC2531USB serial port, and calls the respective API call mapped to Z-Stack.
- The software also enables users to develop software for Z-Stack on their own processor using AT commands connected to CC2531.
About Everest Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1993 in the heart of Oregon’s Silicon Forest, we provide application development, maintenance, testing and support services that meet the unique and complex needs of clients around the globe.
Connect with Everest Consultants to make IT happen
(503) 643-3990 | www.everestinc.com
1500 NW Bethany Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97006
Global Solution Center
4th Floor, 8-2-248/A, Maharishi House
Road No. 3, Banjara Hills
Hyderabad 500 034