Data Analytics and Superior Resource Integration Advance Project Efficiencies
A construction-industry and project-development leader, our client provides innovative and sustainable solutions for customers and communities across Europe and the United States.
Our client used Excel spreadsheets and Latista, a construction field-management application, to manage and monitor multiple construction tasks, and capture customer acceptance and sign-off for completed tasks.
Doing so was complicated and time-consuming. The initial Excel-based reporting process required the client to collect the Latista data at periodic freeze points, then manually analyze it for the mandated status reporting. This process took several days, hobbling the client’s ability to deliver timely project-status reports to the project teams or the supervisory staff monitoring a project. In addition, Latista didn’t provide all of the varied customer-specific information needed to analyze the detailed tasks and arrange them into the groupings needed by each tracked project.
The client partnered with Everest Consultants to improve its data integration and visualization resources for its project data.
Technology and Tools
- Power BI
- Oracle Latista API
- Oracle Database
- Team Foundation Server
- By configuring the data connection for Power BI, a business analytics service, to pull data directly from the Latista field-management application, Everest Consultants provided the client with always available, up-to-date information while reducing the effort – and time – needed to produce it.
- Everest also used Power BI’s support for local data sources to create Excel-based secondary data sources for and managed by the client’s administrative group, avoiding the addition of unfamiliar tools and overhead. We also developed online Power BI counterparts to the client’s Excel-based reports and created dashboards with charts and data visualizations for different client and customer teams. This resulted in current project information being available to a wider audience.
- The Everest solution delivered more granular access to and control of data sets. For example, Everest provided a small group of client staff with the ability to maintain and enhance standard Power BI reports in a central repository; another user group can dynamically update reports to manage their work plans and monitor projects.
- Provided static reports and data snapshots from the standard Power BI report set for data enhancement or further analysis – and to for use in other documents, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Improved efficiencies that reduced the client team’s workload while providing quicker access to the most current data and easier access to the legacy Excel-based reporting process.
About Everest Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1993 in the heart of Oregon’s Silicon Forest, we provide application development, maintenance, testing and support services that meet the unique and complex needs of clients around the globe.
Connect with Everest Consultants to make IT happen
(503) 643-3990 | www.everestinc.com
Start A Conversation!
1500 NW Bethany Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97006
Global Solution Center
4th Floor, 8-2-248/A, Maharishi House
Road No. 3, Banjara Hills
Hyderabad 500 034