QA Automation Using Java and Selenium
Our client provides intelligent business solutions for over 400 companies in the prime and subprime residential-mortgage industry, primarily by helping customers audit and confirm compliance with the changing rules governing this highly regulated industry across multiple jurisdictions. With its innovative, high-quality products and service, our client solves fundamental industry problems for customers and helps minimize their operational risk.
- Implementing consistent, thorough quality assurance in a heavily regulated industry. Customers faced severe consequences if not in compliance with constantly changing regulations.
- The QA team needed to ensure that application features behaved as designed – and that the data entered through the application complied with differing sets of regulations based on time and location.
- Application algorithms needed to be verified with every update to ensure that compliance was continually maintained.
- As the pace of regulatory change continues to increase, efficient yet rigorous testing required more frequent application updates while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Identifying the proper SOAP client library with the capabilities needed to support fully automating QA across the Web
- Defining and implementing the proper sets of test cases that covered both application features and regulatory compliance
- Automating the test script using Selenium, so execution is configurable based on the selected environment
- Support migration of the client’s legacy application from Struts to SPRING MVC
Technology and Tools
- Web services
- SQL Server
- GIT with Bitbucket
Everest Consultants successfully developed and executed testing scenarios and test cases to qualify the application during development verify features were behaving to specification.
We also executed standard data test sets to confirm the application algorithms conformed to industry rules and regulations whenever application changes are made.
Using Java and Selenium, automated scripts were implemented to ensure thorough and consistent test coverage in the Staging and UAT environments.
These scripts could then be configured to quickly execute the standard smoke test and targeted-feature testing after deployment into production.
This rigorous and efficient testing increased reliability, while minimizing maintenance downtime during application updates.
About Everest Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1993 in the heart of Oregon’s Silicon Forest, we provide application development, maintenance, testing and support services that meet the unique and complex needs of clients around the globe.
Connect with Everest Consultants to make IT happen
(503) 643-3990 | www.everestinc.com
Start A Conversation!
[happyforms id="8369" /]
1500 NW Bethany Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97006
Global Solution Center
4th Floor, 8-2-248/A, Maharishi House
Road No. 3, Banjara Hills
Hyderabad 500 034