Development of an IoT cloud automation solution for city illumination
Automation of city illumination conserves energy and optimizes lighting for a greener and smarter world
Our client offers a range of inventive, innovative and creative solutions for their customers who are all part of the connected world. They create relationships of trust with customers and partners by developing a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world. Their goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering leading product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets that spark innovation for a connected world. In the IoT business, our client enables items of everyday use in homes to be intelligent and, thus, can learn and adapt to the changes that take place all around. They are working to create an active two-way relationship between people and various IoT devices.
Our Client needed a control website for city Illumination using AWS services that allows users to integrate AWS Cloud features with a 6LoWPAN wireless hub and luminaire to create and implement a cloud-connected city illumination network. The control site for city illumination aims to simplify the process of configuration and integration of cloud-connected city illumination infrastructures that can be controlled, monitored, and maintained from anywhere in the world.
Tools and Technologies
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS S3 buckets, AWS Dynamo DB
- Serverless architecture – AWS Lambda functions
- AWS IoT Core, MQTT
- PyCharm as development Environment
- Trello & GIT
Everest Consultants successfully developed, managed, and provided an end-to-end Web-based solution, exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Automation scripts using Python to create control website with AWS services and resources
- Automated and orchestrated all AWS resources and services to be created using Cloud Formation stack
- Designed & developed User Interface
- Serverless features using AWS lambda functions
- Control the luminaries using AWS services and MQTT commands to interact with IoT devices
- A successful well managed agile project organized into three-week sprints consisting of sprint planning, daily scrums, development work, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
About Everest Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1993 in the heart of Oregon’s Silicon Forest, we provide application development, maintenance, testing and support services that meet the unique and complex needs of clients around the globe.
Connect with Everest Consultants to make IT happen
(503) 643-3990 | www.everestinc.com