Modernize legacy software to a cloud-based application to reduce maintenance costs and enhance customer reach
Modernizing legacy applications to cloud enables customers to access data and analytics anywhere for taking corrective measures to improve product quality in manufacturing organizations.
A leading SQC/SPC software company helps manufacturers analyze their process data to improve quality and identify production issues before they become problems. The client has been helping hundreds of manufacturing companies for over 25 years in over 70 countries around the world.
The current legacy SQC/SPC software lets manufacturers collect, visualize, analyze, and react to process data to reduce variation. Broadly, the features are as follows:
- Collect manufacturing data in an efficient, accurate and objective manner
- Apply advanced statistical methods and techniques for analysis of data
- Make the data and analysis accessible with simple and easy to understand program interfaces
- Communicate the results to members of the organization with intuitive and attractive color charts
The current application is a desktop application with a stripped down web application companion that runs on Windows. Over the last ten years, the technology and business landscape has advanced very quickly. The potential to run the application in the cloud gave scope for new business models and additional revenue generating streams. The client partnered with Everest Consultants to review the current application and redevelop the application to take advantage of the advances in user interfaces and cloud technologies.
Technology and Tools
- HTML, CSS, TypeScript, Angular, Material design, Fuse theme
- .NET Core, ASP.net, VB.net, C#, Web API
- Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Storage, Azure VPN Gateway, IIS Server
- Visual Studio 2019, Git, Jira
- Realize the benefits of the cloud with the ability to access data on-premise or cloud or in hybrid scenarios
- Monitor performance on various devices including mobile and tablets
- Rest API’s allow for integration of functionality for analysis into third party applications
- Reduced maintenance with a modular and service-oriented architecture
- Compatible with the latest manufacturing environments
- Multi-language support
- A successful, well-managed, agile project was organized into three-week sprints consisting of sprint planning, daily scrums, development work, sprint review, and sprint retrospective
About Everest Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1993 in the heart of Oregon’s Silicon Forest, we provide application development, maintenance, testing and support services that meet the unique and complex needs of clients around the globe.
Connect with Everest Consultants to make IT happen
(503) 643-3990 | www.everestinc.com